Fall 2014 9-week session
- Tuesdays 8:45-9:45PM AND/OR Thursday 8:15-9:15PM
In this class we will review basic jazz, hip hop, and cheer technique and practice learning short routines in order to promote quick learning in preparations for the audition process. We will also discuss other helpful hints for the audition process.
The primary instructors will be Sarabeth Balon, Texas Pom Captain 2003-2004 and Kate Evetts, studio owner and Texas Pom Captain 2008-2009. Various guest teachers ranging from previous Pom Captains to current senior Pom members will be scheduled as well.
Other pertinent classes offered:
- Tuesday 8:00-8:45pm Hip Hop Technique with Alexis Ringel
Classes begin September 23, 2014
- September 23 & 25, 2014
- September 30 & October 2, 2014
- October 7 & 9, 2014
- October 14 & 16, 2014
- October 21 & 23, 2014
- October 28 & 30, 2014
- November 4 & 6, 2014
- November 11 & 13, 2014
- November 18 & 20, 2014
Potential Texas Pom Audition date: April 2015.
The 12-week Spring Session will begin January 13th, 2014.
- 9-week Session (once weekly): $156.00
- 9-week Session both Pom Prep classes (Tuesday and Thursday): $294.00
- 9-week Session with Hip Hop Technique: $99.00 or $13 per class
- Pom Prep drop-in fee: $20.00 per class (Students may only drop into this class twice per semester.)
- $20 discount for those previously registered first semester
- $30 Annual Registration Fee
You may register in person or via mail. Go to www.lonestardance.com Just print the registration form and mail it along with a $30 check or money order to:
2606 FM 1825 Suite 119
Pflugerville, TX 78660
F.A.Q.’s about UT Pom Prep Class:
1. Can I register mid-semester?
Yes! Space is limited but as long as there is space in the class, you can register for the class. If you register mid-semester we will prorate for the remainder of the classes. In registering late you run the risk of there not being space.
2. I would like one-on-one lessons in preparation for auditions; is this possible?
We offer private lessons at a rate of $65 hourly depending on the instructor. If you are interested in doing private lessons, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com. We can set you up with private lessons based on your availability.
3. I live out of town and cannot make it to the Austin Area weekly. What are my other options?
We recommend your coming to the UT Pom Pre-Audition Clinic to be held April 6th. Here we will offer tips for auditioning, a jazz combo, a hip hop combo, discuss technique advice and some cheer development. The clinic will be a first come first-serve basis. It will be held from 11:30-2:30pm.
***More classes may be scheduled if these classes fill quickly.