Spring 2013 12-week session
- Tuesdays 9:00-10:00 PM AND/OR Thursday 9:15-10:15 PM
In this class we will review basic jazz, hip hop, and cheer technique and practice learning short routines in order to promote quick learning in preparations for the audition process. We will also discuss other helpful hints for the audition process. The primary instructor will be Sarabeth Balon, studio owner and Texas Pom Captain 2003-2004. Various guest teachers ranging from previous Pom Captains to current senior Pom members will be scheduled.
Other pertinent classes offered:
- Tuesday 8:15-9:00 Hip Hop Technique with Trevor Parmentier
Classes begin January 15, 2013
- Week 1: January 15/17, 2013
- Week 2: January 22/24, 2013
- Week 3: January 29/31, 2013
- Week 4: February 5/7, 2013
- Week 5: February 12/14, 2013
- Week 6: February 19/21, 2013
- Week 7: February 26/28, 2013
- Week 8: March 5/7, 2013
- Week 9: March 19/21, 2013
- Week 10: March 26/28, 2013
- Week 11: April 2/4, 2013
- Week 12: April 9/11, 2013
Potential Texas Pom Audition date: April 2013.
Pom Prep Clinic: April 6th/ 11:30-2:30 Cost: $40
- 12-week Session (Once weekly/ must choose Tuesday or Thursday): $220.00
- 12-week Session both Pom Prep classes (Tuesday and Wednesday): $408.00
- 12-week Session Hip Hop Technique: Additional $143.00 or $13 per class
- Pom Prep drop-in fee: $25.00 per class (Students may only drop into this class twice per semester.)
- $20 discount for those previously registered first semester
- $30 Annual Registration Fee
You may register in person or via mail. Go to www.lonestardance.com Just print the registration form and mail it along with a $30 check or money order to:
2606 FM 1825 Suite 119
Pflugerville, TX 78660
F.A.Q.’s about UT Pom Prep Class:
1. Can I register mid-semester?
Yes! Space is limited but as long as there is space in the class, you can register for the class. If you register mid-semester we will prorate for the remainder of the classes. In registering late you run the risk of there not being space.
2. I would like one-on-one lessons in preparation for auditions; is this possible?
We offer private lessons at a rate of $65 hourly depending on the instructor. If you are interested in doing private lessons, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com. We can set you up with private lessons based on your availability.
3. I live out of town and cannot make it to the Austin Area weekly. What are my other options?
We recommend your coming to the UT Pom Pre-Audition Clinic to be held April 6th. Here we will offer tips for auditioning, a jazz combo, a hip hop combo, discuss technique advice and some cheer development. The clinic will be a first come first-serve basis. It will be held from 11:30-2:30pm.
***More classes may be scheduled if these classes fill quickly.